You can easily travel between the cultural attractions of downtown, the galleries and restaurants of the Pearl District, the boutiques of Northwest Portland, and over to Portland’s East Side — all on the sleek and modern Portland Streetcar. The streetcar line also serves Portland State University, RiverPlace and the Portland Aerial Tram.
Hours & Frequency
The streetcar operates from 5:30 a.m.-11:30 p.m. Monday-Friday, 7:15 a.m.-11:45 p.m. Saturday, and 7:15 a.m.-10:30 p.m. Sunday. The streetcar runs approximately every 15 minutes. Arrival times are posted on real-time electronic signs at most streetcar stops. More info >>
Fares & How To Pay
- An all-day adult streetcar pass costs $5 and can be purchased onboard any streetcar.
- Fare boxes on the streetcars accept coins and $1 and $5 dollar bills.
- Streetcar fares are the same as those charged for TriMet buses and MAX light rail, and all valid TriMet fares are accepted on the streetcar.
- Yellow validator boxes on the cars can be used to validate pre-purchased TriMet tickets.
- Your streetcar ticket may be used for transfer to TriMet bus and MAX lines.
- Tickets purchased on the streetcar are valid for two hours on TriMet buses and MAX.
- There is no charge for streetcar rides within the Free Rail Zone.